Ever do a pros and cons list? I do them all the time. Usually I write them out but, I do them in my head too...or just talk it through - I am a girl ya know! Today I was thinking about pros and cons of my life. i thought I'd write things out and blog at the same time. Sometimes (or maybe all the time) it's easier to focus and gravitate to the obvious difficulty in every day life but, it's my choice to let it be my focus or not. Pros and Cons list help me be thankful for everything good happening. CONS followed by PROS of my life...a little honesty followed by a thankful heart.
1. Matt and I barely slept last night. I got Adriah's cold. I have incredible pressure in my head and a sore throat BUT I love my husband and he loves me...even at 4:30am we were able to laugh about it and snuggle.
2. My kids have taken turns being sick for the last 2 weeks. Leyton has a low grade fever and a horrible cough...HE IS CLINGY and WHINY - not my normal little boy BUT, I'm able to be home with them and care for them the way no one else could. He needs me and I'm here to give him a million hugs and kisses!
3. I'm really sore with constant nerve pain in my legs (typical for me at the end of my pregnancies) BUT, I have life growing inside me and I will meet her very soon.
4. I've been subpoenaed to court. The individual who stole my purse apparently plead not-guilty cause I've been called to be witness on February 2nd (right around the time I plan to deliver) I don't want to meet this guy and going to court is the last thing I'd want to do that late in my pregnancy BUT, I'm thankful to live in a country that prosecutes criminals (stealing is one of the top ten!) and this has been an incredible opportunity to teach Adriah about doing wrong and having consequences.
5. Taxes are due. It's January and my least fav. time of year to own my own business...cause organizing tax stuff takes so long and it's really boring BUT, I did have an accountant help me with the books all year and after I do the collecting she will take it from there. It will be my simplest tax season ever!
Okay, I feel better.