So today we made the 2 1/2 hour plane ride home from South Carolina. You'd think after yearly (and sometimes more) trips back and forth I'd be used to it but, flying with 3 kids (5 and under) has a certain unpredictability that keeps me on the edge. My comforts are that I have great kids, an extremely organized and patience husband AND no matter what...it's only 2 1/2 hours of my life! Having said that the kids did great - not sure why I stress at all. Spending 2 weeks in SC is medicine to my soul. Seriously. Every morning we start we lovely coffee (creamer and milk mostly), we plan our day...
3. walks in the forest
4. visit our fav. restaurant (chick-fil-a) or try something totally new.
5. games (Settlers of Catan, Bocce Ball, Boggle, Scrabble)
6. uninterrupted time with my family
7. movies (old and new)
8. celebrating birthdays (anything in the next couple of months qualifies as close enough)
9. Dinners in - all the classics like Chicken and Noodles and Crepes
10. reading a novel from start to finish with every spare second I have.
All these things make a great vacation. Spending time with extended family who loves doing all these things with you...makes it a perfect vacation.
It's good to be home. But, I have to say. I can't wait to start planning the next vacation.
P.S. I took plenty of pictures and I can't wait to share them with you!