I knew going into this picking one person would be hard but, since I want everyone to come I'm giving a gift to the other women who were nominated...
Sign up for the workshop and come at the discounted rate of $220.00 instead of $250.00. You're friends and family believe in your gift as a photographer and would love to see you grow in it...so would I! I hope this sways you because the workshop is going to be amazing! There is nothing like getting together with a bunch of women who share a similar passion...we're going to have a blast!
THE WINNER IS...Kerry Bowman!!!!! I was overwhelmed by emails and comments left by friends and family nominating her...No joke, I think I got 25+ emails! I can't wait to have her in the workshop! Here's some of the reasons I received:
- As soon as I heard about the workshop for moms I thought of Kerry and knew that attending would be a dream come true for her!Â However, I knew that she wouldn'tÂ be able to afford taking advantage of the opportunity as her family lives on a limited income as Missionaries.
- In the 8 years that I've known Kerry she has always loved photography and capturing the joy of life in people and the wonder of the world around them.Â For several years now she has remarked to me about her desire to pursue classes and training in photography but hasn't yet managed to do so as a dedicated and busy mom.
- Kerry's passion for photography has been with her since high school.Â She has demonstrated a keen interest in the art of photography over the last 10 - 15 years.Â She has dedicated time to various courses and self-study to explore what the world of photography has to offer.
- Kerry quickly becomes accomplished at nearly everything she puts her mind too and photography is no exception.Â She has an eye for what will make the frame pop with meaning and I have often commented that her photographs have a professional quality to them.Â Her calendars of photographs of little Abigail and the rest of the Bowman / Hunt family are much anticipated each Christmas!
- I'd like to nominate Kerry for the prize of your workshop, Noemi. I guess for me it comes down to a few simple things, the first of which is passion. Kerryâ€™s had a passion for photography for many years now and finally has the opportunity to invest herself in that passion. I have a feeling that the person that you want attending your workshop is the person who is going to fully throw themselves into the creative process and make the most of what they learn. Thatâ€™s Kerry. And hereâ€™s another thing about Kerryâ€¦Sheâ€™s a natural teacher and she passes on to others what the Lord gives her. So, if itâ€™s important to you to multiply your skills and gifting out to others, which I think is probably the point of your workshop, then Kerryâ€™s one who will be a ripple effect, passing on the skills she learns to others.
- Kerry has a caring personality and a giving heart and I know that any time you invest in her will be multiplied in the number of people she in turn shares those skills with.
THANK YOU to everyone who wrote in and nominated there friends! You're email were filled with kindness and love...it was a blessing to me! I love what I do and I love sharing the gift of photography. I'm so looking forward to this fall's workshop! If you haven't signed up yet...now is the time!