There's nothing like taking your own kids out for a photo session...one of the most humbling experiences EVER. They want to be silly...
or they don't want to smile...
or they smile too hard...
or they just run away...
I'm sure it's very entertaining to watch!
Tips from a Professional Photographer:
1. Hire some outside your family to take pictures
2. Don't take your kids out during their dinner hour
3. Bring treats to bribe
4. Have someone behind the photographer to make them giggle
5. Don't yell at them, or criticize, or scold - all things that don't make them smile
6. Do have lots of stories about tooting, farting, burping on hand.
(I broke every rule except #6 on my last shoot with my kids...it's amazing what you resort to when trying to make your kids smile for the camera and that's why rule #1 is so important!!!!!!)
Here's the final product...they are still THE MOST BEAUTIFUL KIDS I have ever seen.
Because at some point I just let them be kids. The poses at the end are their own creations. They are amazing kids.